Monday, April 16, 2007

Shalini's broken leg saga !

Yesterday we were invited by Mama and Mami jee for a dinner at their residence in Badarpur. My first car drive to Mama's home. The driving was really cool till we reached Meethapur cross-road. It was after that, that we got confused. Anyway finally we managed to hit the right path. Well it really boosted my aplomb to a great extent...

Then we decided to make a visit to Mausi jee's home. I was driving with great care to reach the destination. Driving to that gali was an experience in its own way, I am sure it can be compared with a Indian car ralley ;-) .....

Finally we reached Mausi's home. and it was then when Shalini was trying to help me in parking my car, she got her leg struck in a pit and fell down. Ooucchhh !!!! maaaa !!! these were her first few words... I could not do anything except watching her crying in pain. I got down and soon we realised, the whole muhalla-walas were watching this event live, from their respective roof tops... Even without raising my head to look at the uninvited viewers, I could sense that the place was crowded with curious neighbours to judge the situation and the root cause of the accident. The great fall of Shalini was thus accomplished...

She was still in pain and could hardly move.... Somehow she managed to drag herself and make herself sit on a bed. Mausa jee instantly flung into action and started looking for a balm, but in vain. But he did not loose the hope and kept on looking at the same place again and again, hoping that the balm will make itself visible somehow.... Alas ! it could not !

Fortunately Shalini did not develop a swelling, I was little relieved... Well then the attention was shifted on me and I was made responsible for this event. As it was me who had "instigated" Shalini to wear Sharee. And like a newly married obedient husband I realised my mistake and accepted my mistake with all my apology. In the course of talking, Mausi jee suddenly noticed that Shalini was not wearing a "payal" or "bichhuaa" ( ring for toe fingers). With this newly found topic, the whole attention was shifted from her paining ankle to her get up. She was given few remarks on what she should wear and what not...

After a round of tea and snacks, it was time to say goodbye to Mausi and Mausa jee, who was still looking for that balm....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

SO million dalloe question is now....
Finally they find the BAlm or not.....
..
Get WEll Soon bhabi jee